Deansfield School | Queens Walk Ruislip
DEANESFIELD COUNTY PRIMARY 1944, DEANESFIELD INFANTS' 1951
Deanesfield opened on the 5th January 1944 and was called Victoria Park JMI at first, being intended for the children of the Victoria Park estate - Jubilee Drive, Diamond Road, Royal Crescent, Palace Way and Queen's Walk - which lay off Victoria Road, with all its streets associated with the old Queen.
The name was changed to Deanesfield on 16th March 1945, to remind pupils of the Deane family (descendants of the Hawtreys) of Eastcote House, whose large landholdings included Bourne Farm, on part of which the school was built.
There were 216 children on roll in 1944, but the numbers soon increased and temporary huts (latterly to become the Deanesfield Teachers' Centre) were erected in 1949 and a permanent infants' school was opened in 1951. The juniors expanded into the huts.
Owing to falling rolls the two re-amalgamated in 1980 and there were 250 pupils on roll in 1991.
Brief details are show below. Some of the web sites are very large!
Main Ruislip site
Up to date information about Ruislip and the area. Plus sections with suggested walks and even why houses are so expensive. Not forgetting the spies and USAF South Ruislip, so some history too.
Ruislip In Pictures
Ruislip's premier attraction and so important it gets a web site all to itself.
Everything from the history from years back to struggling to park today. It is all here.
Some classic pictures from years gone by.
We also run the community web site for Ickenham. Loads of old pictures and some more up to date one plus details of all that Ickenham has to offer.
Details of all the pubs and more is just one click away.